Table of Contents
Latest posts by Gea Elika (see all)
- Buying Property in NYC as a Foreigner - July 14, 2018
- Fiduciary Duties by Your Condo or Co-op Board - July 9, 2018
- Top Questions for Buyers to Ask When Viewing an Apartment - July 7, 2018
Located in the Gramercy District, 234 East 23rd puts residents just blocks away from both Nomad and Flatiron. With prices for available units ranging from $825,000 to $2.895M, 234 has a lot to offer to anyone who decides to call this building home.
In June of last year, the New York Post reported that the Naftali Group had purchased the site of 234-238 E. 23rd St., between Second and Third avenues. The goal for the site was to build a 20-story condo tower. Miki Naftali spent $23 million to acquire this property. Although he didn’t have a price set at the time, he and the Naftali Group knew that they wanted to build a total of 62 apartments.
To bring the project to life, the Naftali Group chose GHWA to handle the architecture. They also selected Rottet Studio for the interior design, as well as Stribling Marketing Associates and Heavenly to handle the marketing, sales and branding.
When you look at 234 East 23rd, you’ll be struck with how its design strikes a balance between the sophistication and quality of an upscale hotel, as well as the rich heritage that the area naturally provides.
Features of the residences in 234 include floor-to-ceiling windows with an industrial style, solid white oak floors, professional grade appliances, Carrera marble vanities and wonderful exterior views.
Thanks to the size of the windows, natural light plays a significant role in the appearance of these units. The kitchen area also features an island table, which can be used as a bar for entertaining, a dining table or a breakfast bar.
The building has a 24-hour doorman. When residents enter 234, the hotel-style lobby entrance features a reception desk and concierge. The residents’ lounge is quite large in size, and there is also a game room that residents can enjoy. The very modern fitness center has both cardio equipment and free weights.
Outside the building is a communal terrace and rooftop terrace, along with a grill and storage pantry. And for residents who need any type of permanent storage, individual units are available, as well as dedicated bike storage.
There are currently nine different units available. Here’s a quick breakdown of each one:
- 517 square foot studio with 1 bathroom for $825,000
- 717 square foot 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom for $1.1M
- 779 square foot 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom for $1.3M
- 733 square foot 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom for $1.36M
- 1,025 square foot 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom for $1.59M
- 1,089 square foot 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom for $1.91M
- 1,265 square foot 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom for $2.265M
- 1,377 square foot 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom for $2.575M
- 1,597 square foot 3 bedroom and 2.5 bathroom for $2.895M
The estimated monthly common charges for each of the available units ranges from $543 to $1,549, while the estimated monthly taxes fall in the $705 to $2,011 range.
Not only is Gramercy an excellent location for being connected to the rest of New York, but it also provides lots of cultural and outdoor activities for residents to enjoy whenever they want.
Official Website [ 234 East 23rd ]