Elika Real Estate, a boutique real estate company that specializes in working exclusively with buyers, has published its second edition of “The Home Buyer’s Handbook, The New York Guide to Buying the Home You Want,” the company announced today. The handbook provides a comprehensive guide to purchasing a home in the city and is available electronically on Amazon and the company’s website for free.
“Buying a home in New York City is a pipe dream for many and a realty for a lucky few,” said Gea Elika, Elika Real Estate’s founder and principal. “Qualified homebuyers need to have job security, financial stability and fiscal discipline to make this important purchase. Navigating the notoriously exorbitant, limited inventory and competitive market can be a challenge. The guide was written to alleviate some of the headaches of the process.”
The handbook, authored by Elika, was written to cover key parts of the residential real estate process. Its sections include:
- – Is It Time to Buy? – Explores the benefits of buying vs. renting, a deeper dive into the New York real estate market, what to expect when making a 2 – purchase, the investment opportunities available and the costs included.
- – Preparing to Buy Your Home – Outlines tips for first-time home buyers, how to avoid making rookie mistakes, choosing a tech-friendly property, getting your finances in order, a budget worksheet, what effects your credit score and your home dream wish list.
- – Understanding NYC Real Estate – Discusses what is the difference between a condo and a co-op, applying for an apartment in a co-op building, how NYC condos operate, questions for the condo board and a buying a home checklist.
- – Working With a Buyer’s Agent – Reiterates why should you work with a buyer’s agent, what to ask your buyer’s agent, understanding the different real estate agencies and the importance of a qualified agent.
- – Mortgage and Financing for Your Home – Examines how much of a mortgage can be afforded, mortgage variable, home finance processing checklist, questions for the lender, documents a lender will need and alternative to traditional financing requirements.
- – Open Houses, Negotiating, Closing and Moving – The final section discusses the process of buying the home itself, negotiating, home inspection checklist, the final walk-through, the various closing costs and documents.
As an exclusive buyer’s brokerage, Elika has represented thousands of clients over the last fifteen years and has helped many people find their home regardless of the city’s real estate intricacies and one of the most competitive housing markets in the United States.
About Elika Real Estate
Elika Real Estate, founded in 2008, is a boutique real estate company that specializes in working exclusively with buyers. Led by Gea Elika, the company provides independent market research and expert knowledge to a global clientele who wish to purchase primary, secondary and investment properties. With a focus in Manhattan and Brooklyn, Elika and his growing team work with a large network of realtors, developers, buyers and investors, dedicating themselves to saving their clients time and money when buying real estate. Elika Real Estate delivers an assessment of actual real estate value to simplify the buying process for all clients.