Submit the Board Application Package
Board Interview - (Co-op Only)
Schedule the Closing
(Estimated Timeframe: 30 – 60 minutes)
Most co-op boards meet once a month, and many do not respond in August. Frequently, meetings are in the evening on a weeknight. Keep in mind that an interview does not guarantee approval. The board will decide up to a few days after the meeting. Understanding common co-op board interview questions asked will help you prepare.
Common questions asked during a co-op board interview.
- Why did you choose this building?
- Why did you choose to live in this neighborhood?
- Can you comfortably afford the mortgage payments and maintenance fees?
- Do you have any hobbies?
- Do you play musical instruments?
- Will you be working from home?
- Do you plan to run for a position on the board?
- Do you have any renovation plans?
- Will you be entertaining and hosting parties?
- Do you have guests stay over?
How to ace your co-op board interview
Don’t worry, be happy. Smile, relax, and show enthusiasm. This shows the board you are excited about living in the building and being a good neighbor.
- Be Professional During your co-op board interview.
- Present your best self.
- Arrive slightly early.
- Dress professionally.
- Know what’s in your application.
- Be concise: Don’t overshare during your interview.
- Stay neutral should political questions arise.